Monday, June 14, 2010

Blessings

You don't realize how lucky you are in life until you hear of something bad happening. This weekend was one of those times. A friend from college had to make the decision to let his nine month old son go and while I haven't spoken with him in years, my heart aches for them and what they are going through. My only hope is that with time, their wounds will heal and they can enjoy life again. I couldn't help but question why he and his wife had to go through that. I had been following their journey since he was born and as a parent myself felt drawn to their story. To read their story, visit reidelley.blogspot.com.

It makes me realize how lucky Travis and I are to have two beautiful and most importantly HEALTHY children. Take a moment to count your blessings as you don't realize how in an instant - it can all change.

No comments:

Post a Comment