Saturday, May 15, 2010

Five Years

That is how long Travis and I have been married. It is hard to believe that five years has already come and gone, but at the same time I can't help but think - it's only been five years? I guess this is because we've been together as a couple for almost nine years.

In honor of our 5th Anniversary here are 5 things I love about being married to Travis.
1. He's an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Father - from the second both of our kids were born, Travis jumped right in and hasn't stopped. The kids adore him, Brock is his best buddie and Avery has him wrapped around her finger.
2. He puts up with me - for all of you that know me well, this is not easy. I'm a bit of a perfection and have a set way that I like everything done.
3. He calms me - see #2
4. He challenges me - in good ways and bad, but isn't this what your partner should do - otherwise life gets mundane.
5. I love him more today than that day 5 years ago.

Thanks to Heather and Jason, we had a wonderful anniversary last night. The kids spent the night with them and their cousin, Lars and had a great time. We thought they were crazy for volunteering to babysit and keep the kids overnight, but we didn't hestitate and jumped at the opportunity.

We had an AMAZING dinner at Sugo in Roswell, www.sugorestaurant.com, I highly recommend it. They even had a gluten free menu and for an Italian place that is no small feat. We enjoyed sitting outside and when the rain came, we didn't move, but rather moved our chairs closer together and had wonderful food, wine and conversation - what more could you want on your anniversary. We were even given complimentary Proseco to help us celebrate. It was a wonderful night and one I will definitely cherish and remember forever.

Here's to many more milestone anniversaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment