Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Avery's Sweet Shop

The party was a huge success and I somehow found the time and energy to make everything that I wanted to for her "Sweet Shop" spread and then some. I was so happy with how everything turned out.

It started with an idea to do something with cupcakes and took off from there. As Travis says, I have a tendancy to go a little nuts when it comes to party planning, but what can I say - I love every minute of it. I am by far my own worst enemy.
Every detail was account for from the tablescape to the homemade treats. I even had a dress made for Avery, a better picture of that to come later.

All in all, it was a great way to celebrate Avery's first birthday. I think she'll enjoy these pictures in the years to come.













The cupcake tower is a great find, I was so excited to finally find it after seeing it on someone's blog. I lined it with scrapbook paper and ribbon and added Avery's tutu to the bottom of it. Expect to see this at the all the parties to come, it is so versatile and I can change out the ribbon and paper each time.

Mini sugared strawberry and vanilla cupcakes


Me and the birthday girl. Also, cupcake lollipops - thanks to Bakerella for the great recipe, www.bakerella.com

Avery's smash cake

The birthday girl and Momo
The birthday girl taking a breather before the guest arrive in her special birthday dress.

The birthday girl in her new favorite chair - a gift from Momo and Papa

She was so cute and methodically ate the icing on the cake without making too big of a mess of course.

Homemade treats - candy coated pretzel rods for all the grown-up party guests.

Goodies for all the kiddies - metal tins from Target's Easter stuff, cupcake magnets, stickers, candy watches and BUBBLES
I'll post the video of Avery eating her smash cake soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I saw your party on the creative hostess, how lovely! Just wanted to let you know I am running a contest where you can win $100 gift card to Anthroplogie- I think your party would be a great addition- http://thecitycradle.com/throw-an-imperfect-party-win

    blessings

    ReplyDelete