Finally some nice weather...I was beginning to think we weren't in Georgia anymore. We had tons of fun at Russell's Barnyard Bash on Saturday, it is always great when the kids can get together and play. Someone even commented that as a single guy in his 30's, he now the minority... Happy Birthday Russell!
Travis also took Brock to his first High School State Wrestling Tournament. I think Travis has been looking forward to this since he found out he was having a son. They had lots of fun and I'm sure this will become an annual event for these two.
On Sunday the kids and I headed over to see Heather and Lars, Jason was working all day and Heather wanted the company. We thought, key word here being thought, it'd be a good idea to pack the kids up and walk to the park. Here are the all the things that went wrong with this "brilliant" idea.
1. Brock was on his bike
2. Only one single stroller and three kids under the age of 4.
3. Brock and Avery didn't have their naps
4. 1/4 of the way there, Brock decided he didn't want to ride his bike, so we hid it in a bunch of bushes
5. Avery wanted to walk and Brock wanted to ride in the stroller
We made it to the playground and everyone had fun. Little Lars slept the whole time and really liked being in the Baby Bjorn.
and the biggest problem with this trip.....
6. WE HAD TO REPEAT IT ALL TO GET HOME. Keep the mind the problems were all much worse on the return trip since both Brock and Avery were extremely tired.
But all in all, we had a fun day with Heather and Lars, but man were Heather and I exhausted.